The Grades tool shows students scores and feedback on assignments and totals. Instructors use the Grades tool's spreadsheet and menus to input scores, comments, and other information. The following are recommended official Canvas guides on common grading topics:
- Guide: What are Grades and the Gradebook?
- Guide: How do I curve Grades in the Gradebook?
- Guide: How do I give my students extra credit?
- Guide: What are What-If Grades?
SpeedGrader allows you to view and grade student assignment submissions using a point scale or rubric. Some document types can be marked up for feedback in the inline browser view of the submission. You can also provide feedback to your students with text or media comments.
- Guide: How do I use SpeedGrader?
- Guide: How do I leave feedback for my students in SpeedGrader?
- Guide: How do I use Crocodoc in Canvas assignments?
SpeedGrader is also available as a mobile app on iOS and Android devices.