- Many icons have been changed to match the icon set recently introduced in the Canvas mobile apps.
- The limit for courses shown automatically on the dashboard has been raised from 12 to 20.
- A new course setting lets instructors display recent Announcement notifications at the top of the home page when Front Page is used as the course home page.
- The Rich Content Editor content selector has an updated look in Pages and Syllabus tools.
Full details are available at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8731.
- Lato replaces Helvetica as Canvas’s default font.
- Canvas will now automatically favorite new courses.
- Instructors can automatically assign groups within sections in the multi-section courses.
- Instructors can receive group announcement notifications without being enrolled in course groups.
Full details are available at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8610.
- Instructors can use MasteryPaths to customize student learning experiences based on student performance.
- Instructors with analytics permissions can view analytics in concluded courses.
- Students can view updated terminology in the To Do list for No Submission or Not Graded assignments.
- For all users, the Calendar Week and Agenda views have been updated with a simplified look and feel.
August 6In this production release, admins can view a report for grading periods, enable federated attributes in SAML authentication, and view the base role type for an enrollment in the Provisioning report. Admins can also enable the Submissions Folder feature option, which copies student submissions into a read-only folder in a student’s User Files page.
In this production release, admins can save themes for their institutions in the Theme Editor, and minor settings options have been included in several account-level features. For instructors, the Notifications page clarifies the purpose of the Grading notification, and the Gradebook and Rubrics include small icon updates.