1) Add Course End Date if Needed
Term end dates set for Spring 2019 in Canvas will cause the following:
- Students can access Spring 2019 courses through September 18, 2019. After that date, students cannot view or interact with Spring 2019 courses.
- Teachers and TAs can edit Spring 2019 courses through Dec 31, 2019. After that date, Teachers and TAs can view, but not edit, Spring 2019 courses
Teachers can override term end dates before the dates pass by adding a different end date in their course's Settings area, checking the box beneath it labeled "Users can only participate in the course between these dates", and clicking Update Course Details.
2) Put in Zeroes for Missing Assignments
If students are missing assignments you will need to put in zeroes for those missing assignments. The easiest way to do this is to open your Grade Center and look for empty grade cells. Selecting the 'Treat missing assignments as zero' option in the Grade Center settings does not actually record a grade of zero in your gradebook and it may result in students seeing inflated overall scores in their Grades view.
3) Download Your Grade Center
You can download a spreadsheet of your Grade Book data from the Canvas Grade Center
How do I download Grades from the Grade Center?
4) Students With Incompletes
If you have a student or students who need access to a course site after the course is concluded, contact the Teaching and Learning Technologies team at email@example.com.