Emory University moved Lynda.com to the LinkedIn Learning platform on June 20. Visit the Emory LinkedIn Learning support site for more information.
Emory University Libraries provides a LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) subscription for all Emory University faculty, students, and staff. LinkedIn Learning has thousands of educational videos on topics ranging from using different technologies to building business and professional skills. Visit the Emory LinkedIn Learning website for information on activating your account.
You can browse the LinkedIn Learning video library when you login and find videos that are useful for your course.
LinkedIn Learning content can be added to your Canvas course or otherwise shared to make linking to courses and videos easier. Use the instructions below and visit the LinkedIn Learning help page about sharing for more info.
Sharing Links to LinkedIn Learning Courses
Option 1: Add a link to the course in Canvas. Copy the link to the course directly from your browser. You can then add a hyperlink onto a page in your Canvas course or include it as a link in a module.
Option 2: Share on social media. Click on the "Share" icon (the right-facing arrow at the top of the video) and select which social media platform you want to share on.
If sharing on LinkedIn, you can add it to your feed send links directly to anyone in your LinkedIn network who has LinkedIn Learning (including students, if they have connected their LinkedIn accounts to LinkedIn Learning.)
Embedding LinkedIn Learning Videos
Notice: LinkedIn Learning allows users to embed only 5 videos per month. If you have used all your embeds for the month, it is recommended to give students a link to the course and a list of which videos to watch.
1. Login to LinkedIn Learning and select the video you would like to share.
2. Click on the "Share" icon (the right-facing arrow button)
3. Click on "Get Embed Code" to copy the code for embedding the video directly into your Canvas course.
4. Go to the page in your Canvas course where you want to include the video.
5. Click "Edit."
6. To embed a link to a video (make it appear directly on the page), click on the place you want to add the video and click on "Insert/edit media" button and then the Embed tab. Paste the embed code there and then click "OK."
7. Save your changes.