- Respondus Lockdown Browser does not work on Chromebooks
- You must have a webcam and a reliable, high-speed internet connection to use Respondus Monitor
- Most Respondus problems are due to one of the following:
- Firewall conflicts > turn off the firewall
- Anti-Virus software conflicts > turn off the anti-virus program
- Loss of internet connectivity > send teacher a message and try to reconnect and resume exam
- Other potential issues
- Give the browser a few seconds to fully load the exam before clicking 'Take the Quiz'. Clicking too soon has been reported as a potential cause of issues
- Browse to the quiz from the Assignments page, or the Modules page. Sometimes following links in notifications or in the 'To do' section of your Dashboard will fail to send all of the necessary parameters to the Canvas server.
- Blank screen during exam
A blank screen indicates that the browser has lost connectivity with your institution's server, and the webpage cannot load into the browser.
In most cases, you should be able to leave your exam, shut down LockDown Browser, and restore your internet connection. We recommend restarting your computer and moving as close to the router as possible.
If a freeze has occurred, and you're unable to exit, please reference this article
For more information see - https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/579/25/blank-screen-during-exam
- LockDown Browser appears as malware or a virus
This is a potential problem when installing Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Security software or an "anti-malware" program with very high settings might falsely detect LockDown Browsers as malware such as a virus, Trojan or parasite. The security program would block the download or corrupt the LockDown Browser installer.
- Error Message: "Update server is not supplying information, or the connection to update server is blocked."
When the warning appears, "Update server is not supplying information, or the connection to update server is blocked. Please try again later" this typically indicates that security settings or another application is blocking access to the Respondus servers that LockDown Browser uses at startup
- You must close SSInvitationAgent in a Mac
The "SSInvitationAgent" is actually a component of other applications such as Apple Messages that also offers a screen sharing option, which is separate from the Mac->System Preferences->Sharing indicated in a warning when starting LockDown Browser 2.0 for Mac.
- Mac: Webcam Not Detected
If your webcam is not detected at some point during the pre-exam webcam check, and you see the below message, it is likely caused by 3rd party anti-virus software that is installed on your computer. It's also possible that you aren't seeing the below message, but rather are experience a freeze/hang on one of the steps. This, too, may be caused by anti-virus software.
- Webcam Blocked
If you see an image of camera with an arrow through it during your pre-exam webcam check, it is because of a privacy setting that is enabled in your camera's software utility.
- Error: Course (OK), Exam (UNKNOWN)
The above error indicates that the exam's LockDown Browser settings could not be detected. For Canvas users, this may be due to you not letting each page fully load before clicking on the "Take Quiz" button.